Doctors sent my baby for polysomnogram!

Please use this forum for any general discussions or questions you have about noninvasive ventilatory support and mechanical insufflation-exsufflation (MIE).
curiousgeorge
Level II Member
Level II Member
City: Newark
State or Province: NJ

Doctors sent my baby for polysomnogram!

Postby curiousgeorge » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:06 pm

The doctors sent my baby with neuromuscular disease type 1 for a polysomnogram and said that the results indicated that he/she does not need to use biPAP (or any other means of noninvasive ventilatory support). What should I do?

(Asked by a parent)
Last edited by curiousgeorge on Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bachjr
Medical Director
Medical Director

Re: Doctors sent my baby for polysomnogram!

Postby bachjr » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:07 pm

If your child has paradoxical breathing, then he/she probably also flushes, has nasal flaring, sweats, and other sleep breathing difficulties. He/she needs sleep nasal NVS not to treat the “central and obstructive apneas and hypopneas” that the polysomnogram is programmed to evaluate, but to reverse the paradoxical breathing to rest the inspiratory muscles and promote normal lung compliance and lung and chest wall growth. Go to a Center of Noninvasive Respiratory Management before your child develops acute respiratory failure and the same doctors are telling you that he/she needs a tracheostomy tube to survive.

JB
John R. Bach MD
Medical Director, VentilaMed BreatheNVS
Medical Director, Center for Ventilator Management Alternatives
Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Professor of Neurology, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School

bachjr
Medical Director
Medical Director

Re: Doctors sent my baby for polysomnogram!

Postby bachjr » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:10 pm

Centers for Noninvasive Respiratory Management:

http://www.breathenvs.com/#!centers-for ... ment/ihfvz
John R. Bach MD
Medical Director, VentilaMed BreatheNVS
Medical Director, Center for Ventilator Management Alternatives
Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Professor of Neurology, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School

Return to “General Discussion About Noninvasive Ventilatory Support (NVS)”