Welcome to The BreatheBB Forum!

This forum is for off topic conversations, stories, and other unrelated topics of interest.
michaelchiou
Operations Director
Operations Director
City: Parsippany
State or Province: NJ

Welcome to The BreatheBB Forum!

Postby michaelchiou » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:57 am

Hello new users! Welcome to The BreatheBB Forum. :D

Please introduce and share a fun fact about yourself.
Last edited by michaelchiou on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Chiou
Operations Director, VentilaMed BreatheNVS

michaelchiou
Operations Director
Operations Director
City: Parsippany

Re: Welcome to The BreatheBB Forum!

Postby michaelchiou » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:58 am

My name is Michael Chiou and I am the Operations Director for BreatheNVS and BreatheBB. I have been to 4 of 7 continents and I hope to see them all.
Last edited by michaelchiou on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Chiou
Operations Director, VentilaMed BreatheNVS

mvherrero
Verified Respiratory Therapist
City: buenos aires
State or Province: buenos aires

Postby mvherrero » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:08 pm

Hello! My name is Victoria Herrero and I am a respiratory therapist. I am from Argentina so I love asado, wine and soccer!
Herrero MV.
Respiratory Therapist
Lic. Kinesióloga Fisiatra

OluAlbert
City: Riyadh
State or Province:

Postby OluAlbert » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:57 pm

My name is Olu Albert. Senior Registered Respiratory Therapist at King Fahad Medical City.....I love respiratory care!

Miznottakloo
Diagnosis: Post Polio
Diagnosed: 2002
City: Gallipolis
State or Province: Oh

Postby Miznottakloo » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello, I had the pleasure to meet with Dr Bach in October 2015 and receive great treatment. I am now on non-invasive ventilatory care due to Post Polio syndrome.
I live in Ohio and had a difficult time getting equipment and a therapist. Thanks to the help of Dr Bach's support system, I am now set up and this Hickey Chickey from out in the country :lol: is now getting great care

katman73
NVS Expert
NVS Expert
Diagnosis: SMA Type 1
Diagnosed: 1994
City: Warwick
State or Province: Ny

Postby katman73 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Hello My name is Manny Piazza My son who is 22 has SMA type 1 and has been on doctor bachs NIV for over 20 years now. I hate injustices and hope for worlds peace. Me and my wife Kathy and I have a lot of life experiences dealing with SMA. If we can be of any help to anyone please feel free to reach out to us.

Thankful
Diagnosis: SMA 2
Diagnosed: 2006
City:
State or Province: California

Postby Thankful » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:55 pm

Hi my name is Robert and My wife and I have a 10 year old child with SMA Type 2.
Our child is currently having his first stay at a hospital due to RSV. He went directly to the PICU & has been there and intubated for close to two weeks.
We are very eager to get him extubated properly and would greatly appreciate any information that is willing to be shared.
We are extremely grateful for the wealth of knowledge of Dr. Bach and the BreathNVS Team.
We have learned so much from the BreathNVS Website and we are eager to learn more here at the forum !
Thankful

lanemll
Diagnosis: CMT (My Wife's Diagnosis)
Diagnosed: 1987
City: Macon
State or Province: GA

Postby lanemll » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Hello, My name is Michael and just joined the community. My wife has had early symptoms as a child of Charcot Marie Toothe. She is now experiencing shallow breathing and its affect. We are grateful to learn about Dr. Bach and this forum. We will be seeing him this summer and hope to use NIV and/or Cough Assist to improve her quality of life. We appreciate learning about NIV and how it has shattered our fear of potential trach in our future. Thank you all for your hard work!!!

CharlesandLinda
Diagnosis: Post polio syndrome
Diagnosed: 1954
City: birmingham
State or Province: alabama

Postby CharlesandLinda » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi. My name is Linda and my husband is Charles. We both had polio during the 50's epidemic and are now experiencing the after effects better known as Post-polio Syndrome. I have been on Dr. Bach's NIV for about 11 years--night time only. It has added years to my life, I'm sure! I am so thankful for doctors who explore new and advanced treatment techniques for those of us with respiratory handicaps!

highlight516
NVS Expert
NVS Expert
Diagnosis: duchenne md
Diagnosed: 1995
City: westbury
State or Province: New York

Postby highlight516 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:16 pm

My name is Jason Celik. Im 26 years old and I have DMD.I was doing pretty well until I turned 18 and came down with a severe cough and cold, which developed into double Pneumonia.I wheeled into the local hosp. e.r. and as soon as I got in went into respiratory arrest and was intubated.The personnel at the hosp. were unfamiliar with DMD and when I began to feel better were unable to successfully extubate me and I was reintubated. Thankfully my cousin found Dr. Bach and Lou Saporito.My mother called Dr. Bach and he taught and guided her as to what to do.Since the doctors didnt know how to extubate someone with DMD and I refused to be trached they had no choice but to transfer me to Dr. Bach at University Hosp. in NJ.After being admitted at University Hosp. Dr.Bach extubated me the second day.I was put on a LTV ventilator and myself and family got a quick but very thorough education on ventilators, Emerson Cough Assist, masks etc.I am very thankful to Dr Bach and Lou Saporito and grateful for all they have done and still do for the M.D. community.

Shannonkay
Diagnosis: SMA Type II
Diagnosed: 2006
City: Winterville
State or Province: Nc

Postby Shannonkay » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:19 pm

My name is Shannon Dickerson and I live in Pitt county NC. My niece is Type II SMA and extremely sick in PICU. I just ran across this and thought I would see if we can get help. I'm confidant the resins she is so sick is not just SMA progressing but something else that as well. She's fighting hard and we need help before it's too late

SimonWP
Diagnosis: Polio
Diagnosed: 1956
City: London
State or Province:

Postby SimonWP » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:31 pm

My name is Simon, I am a Registered Psychologist, seeing patients, teaching and writing with a special interest in disability and chronic conditions as well as psychosexual and relationship therapy. I am also currently Chair of The UK charity Polio Survivors Network.

I had bulba polio in 1956 in London aged 5 and was totally paralysed including swallowing and was in an iron lung for around 4 months followed by a rocking bed and after around 20 months discharged home and after a while was able to walk and return to school. At 17 I had severe scoliosis and underwent a spinal fusion with approx 13 fused vertebrae and a Harrington rod. At 48 I needed noctural NIV and until recently all was OK. Currently, increasingly using a wheelchair, reducing work activity. interested here in finding help and learning about dealing with reduced VC and find correct NIV machine and settings and maximise my life and work opportunities.

lousaporito
Technical Director
Technical Director
City: Newark

Postby lousaporito » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:33 am

Hi Simon and welcome to the forum. Your VC is the amount of air you can exhale after a maximum deep deep breath without mechanical assistance or frog breathing. VC + air stacking by which ever method works best is called Maximum Insuflation Capacity or MIC. Your Mic of 1.7 L is not bad but you should try an Ambu Bag (which is a volume ventilator ) and use whichever method produces the best MIC but on a daily basis 3 times/day for 10-15 stacking repetitions. Mic will usually improve and some increase in VC can result from reduced chest and lung stiffness. Some dizziness is common from hyperventilation but could also be due low blood pressure which you should check. You can spread out the repititions to reduce the effect. As for Volume vs Pressure ventilation, you should try volume and compare the O2 sat. Best of Luck, Lou Saporito
Lou Saporito, BA, RRT
Technical Director, VentilaMed BreatheNVS
Technical Director, Center for Ventilator Management Alternatives

Nil
City:
State or Province:

Postby Nil » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Hello, my name is yalcin, i'm dentist. i have a 9 mounth dougther with sma type 1 who suffer from respiratory weakness

TurnBackOMan
Diagnosis: BMD
Diagnosed: 1983
City: Somerset

Postby TurnBackOMan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:56 am

Hi, I'm Vin! I was diagnosed with BMD in 1983, and have been a power wheelchair user full-time since 1999. This past July I got to sing :D as part of a "Senior Showcase" charity show at the local theater. I have received many benefits from singing over the years (my pulmonologist says "keep on doing what you're doing!"), and after having seen Dr. Bach the first time this past August, I hope to maximize these benefits into the future.

Matildelis
NVS Expert
NVS Expert
Diagnosis: SMA Type 2
Diagnosed: 1992
City: Belleville

Postby Matildelis » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:10 am

Hello everyone! My name is Matildelis Medina and I am 24 years old. I was diagnosed at age 1 with SMA type 2. I recently graduated from college with a Bachelor of Science in Biology and have future aspirations of going to medical school. Please feel free to chat with me if anyone has any questions :)

mshellt6
Diagnosis: LGMD
Diagnosed: 2013
City: tyler
State or Province: tx

Postby mshellt6 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:31 am

Hello, my name is M'Shell and I am 50 yrs old. I have LGMD and am on NIV at night. I found this forum through the Breathe with MD Facebook group. I live in Tyler, Tx.

goncalvesmr
NVS Expert
NVS Expert
City: Porto
State or Province:

Postby goncalvesmr » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Hello....Good to participate in this important forum

Looking forward for more posts

Miguel
Miguel R. Gonçalves PT PhD
Noninvasive Ventilatory Support Unit, Pulmonology Department.
Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine Department.
São João University Hospital.
Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto.
Portugal.

neutronico
Diagnosis: Severe Becker
Diagnosed: 1987
City: Mazatlan
State or Province: Sinaloa

Postby neutronico » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:09 pm

My name is Ricardo Rojas Caballero, I from Mexico and have very severe Becker MD, and works in mexico guiding, informing and raising awareness about muscular dystrophy; also translate many information and medical articles.

Diagnosed: 1965
City: Murcia
State or Province: Murcia

Postby 1965 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Dear friends
Thanks to invite me to be member of this forum. Greetings from Spain.
My name and affiliations.
Antonio M. Esquinas MD, PhD, FCCP, Internacional Fellow AARC

Intensive Care Unit; Hospital Morales Meseguer. Murcia, Spain

Director International School of Non-invasive mechanical Ventilation; President International Association of NIV and Ibero American Association of Bioethics in NIV.

Research Profile: www.researchgate.net/profile/Antonio_Esquinas

Referee Cochrane Anaesthesia, Critical and Emergency Care Group;

Editor-in-Chief (3); Journal Respiratory Research; General Cardiovascular Medicine-Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine and

Journal Obesity& Weight Management.

Associate Editor: (47): ARC Journal of Anaesthesiology; Austin Anesthesiology ; Austin Cardio & Cardiovascular Case Reports. Austin Critical Care Care Reports; Austin Journal of Pulmonary and Respiratory Medicine; Austin Journal of Sleep Disorders; Austin Tuberculosis. Research& Treatment; BMC Pulmonary Medicine-(Section Pulmonary Critical Care); Case Resport: Peculiar Findings; Case studies in Surgery; Current Updates in Anesthetics and Anesthesiology; Ec Pulmonology and Respiratory Medicine Journal; Egyptian Journal of Critical Care; Emergency and Critical Care Medicine-Remedy; European Respiratory Disease ; Henry Journal of Anesthesia & Analgesia; Indian Journal of Clinical Anaesthesia; International Journal of Burns and Trauma; International Journal of Pulmonology & Clinical Research; International Journal of Anesthetics and Anesthesiology ; Journal of Anesthesia and Perioperative Management; Journal of Clinical Anesthesia and Management; Journal of Community Medicine; Journal of Obesity & Weight Management; Journal of Respiratory Disorders; Journal of Epithelial Biology & Pharmacology; Journal of Respiratory Research; Medicrit. Revista de Medicina Critica; Polish Pneumonology and Allergology; Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine; Pulmonology Research and Respiratory Care journal; Respiratory Therapy ; Revista Mexicana de Neumologia y Cirugia de Tórax; Revista Peruana de Medicina Intensiva; SciTz Anesthesia: Clinical Research Journal; Sleep Disorders & Sleep Studies clinics -Remedy; SM Journal of Public Health & Epidemiology ( SMJPM) ; SM Journal of Pulmonary Medicine ( SMJPM) ; SM Journal of Sleep Disorders; SM Journal of Anesthesia ; SRL Anesthesia; SRL Cancer & Cellular Biology; Med One; Open Access Journal of Pulmonary & Respiratory Sciences; Cogent Medicine​ Med One; SM Journal of Pulmonology & Clinical Research; EC Cardiology (ECCY)

Return to “Off Topic”